Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xp rates

Honestly as a long time 1.6 player your communites gunxp was super confusing to me...
Let's start out with the overall gunxp issues or problems that can be easily fixed.
1. Why have such unusual scaling for xp?
I went in surf+gunxp and all of a sudden I already was like lvl 10 which made no sense, afterwards you need like 3-5 kills per lever, till you get to lvl 24 or 25 when you all of a sudden need 140 kills. (These are just what I noticed). It makes no sense. It's little, little and all of a sudden boom, big numbers.
2. Why have the xp numbers so big?
Why do you make level requirements so big, like 1300000xp, just scale it down correctly, so each kill can give like 1-5 xp, but you only need like 300xp to level up.
3. The whole prestige system isn't explained really all that well, there are no help menus or anything, I have no clue how they work, would be great if someone explained it in-game.

Zombie Pleague + Gunxp
1. The super cool modded weapons are no different from the stock weapons, so why have them? What purpose do they even serve?
2. Kick afk players otherwise it's just a huge xp farm on inactive zombies.
3. Why does everyone have VIP? There's no point of such a thing, just make the vip given perks by default, since everyone has it anyway.
4. Balance out the ammo pack purchases. Some purchases are super cheap for their use, for example anti-infection armor is only 5 ammo packs, yet a decent weapon can be 100+, it just doesn't make sense.
5. Lower the hp of a sniper, he's supposted to be killed with 1-3 right clicks, not have like 1-2k hp.
6. Fix the knockback somehow. Some players get knocked back alot, some don't get knocked back at all. And no it's not because of rage.
7. Go through the servers maps, some maps have stuck spots where you can't get out of.
8. Using a jetpack combined with the wings (parachute) is literally impossible to kill, because you can buy so much armor in this server.

Can't say anything for Surf now lets wait for @dlarje, about zp
1.Whats wrong with the guns? Starting from level 17 every gun have unique in them ak47 have knife u can deal up to 600(might increase range a bit), m4a1 have grenade thought they are pretty useless but i will fix them today.
2. Indeed i will add afk kicker that kicks those who are more then 60 sec afk
3. Nobody have it anymore
4. Armor is limited per round but might increase to 10.
5. I will make that sniper wouldnt insta kill but would deal like 3-4k dmg
6.Knockback calculated from the distance and the player velocity how fast it moves, if he moves faster kb will increase.
7.For zombies they are unstuck for humans well idk for now Big Grin
8.I will disable parachute as long as he have jetpack.
Thanks for suggestions.

1. Difference in Upgraded weapons and vanilla is actually pretty damn big . Especially if we compare high level upgrades.
4. Where did you see a weapon which costs 100+ ammo?
5. I Disagree with that statement. Lowering hp of Sniper will make him extremly weak. Zombies can use madness which would completly wipe out the sniper. Lowering hp to like 1.5k? sure why not. But making 2-3 hit is a really bad idea.
6. Knockback works fine.
8. Turning off parachute for Jp users is a bad idea. Because if they run out of jp gas they will fall to death. I Would suggest to make jp slower, make it so that jp uses more gas and it takes longer to recover + Buff the drag ability like i recently suggested it. That should fix the problem.

#8 statement.
I mean i can disable fall damage for user who have jetpack another bonus. Slower + Longer to refill will lose jetpack purpose.

The issue is that you can fly for a very long time. I used jp many times and i never even reached the yellow mark.

(02-27-2020, 04:07 PM)Karolis Wrote: Can't say anything for Surf now lets wait for @dlarje, about zp
1.Whats wrong with the guns? Starting from level 17 every gun have unique in them ak47 have knife u can deal up to 600(might increase range a bit), m4a1 have grenade thought they are pretty useless but i will fix them today.
2. Indeed i will add afk kicker that kicks those who are more then 60 sec afk
3. Nobody have it anymore
4. Armor is limited per round but might increase to 10.
5. I will make that sniper wouldnt insta kill but would deal like 3-4k dmg
6.Knockback calculated from the distance and the player velocity how fast it moves, if he moves faster kb will increase.
7.For zombies they are unstuck for humans well idk for now Big Grin
8.I will disable parachute as long as he have jetpack.
Thanks for suggestions.

1. I mean the guns aren't BAD, it's just that they are no super different then the normal ones, they all just have a little bit less recoil, but most of them aren't even useful, they're the same.
4. You can buy 3x100 armor per round, but the thing is when you sometimes pick up the baggies from dead zombies you can get 999 armor. And it's really hard to kill a human with that much armor.
5. Make the sniper insta kill, that's how sniper rounds should work, but just make the sniper have less hp then he has now.
6. I've had moments when someone sprints straight at me and gets no knockback and that isn't only one time, but it happens quite often.
8. It's tricky really, because right now they can just fly for quite a long time and when going low they just fly up somewhere high enough that zombies need multiple jumps to get up and by the time the zombie jumps up there, he already has enough fuel to just glide anywhere else in the map. Maps like 3rooms and deko are a prime example of this. Combined with the gliding from parachute and it's unreal to hit him, even with multijump and decent skill.

Also both servers have the dumb big xp numbers. Like why have 10000xp out of 500000xp??
Let's say you need 1500xp for next level and you currently have 0, then make each kill give like 5xp. Currently you need like 100000xp and you get 500xp per kill. The numbers don't need to be so insanely big.

4. Oh yeah about that bag, i will add fix to it, thanks for telling.
About xp i don't see any problem. As u already know u get most of the xp from damage. Even if i do want to change something i can't. As you know someone of us have more then 3m xp Big Grin

The xp isn't necessarily a problem, it's more of a ease of life issue.
Becase players who aren't used to your prestiging system see big numbers flashing left and right and have no clue of what is going on.
You can take the same numbers devide them by 100 and it'll work just as fine, but won't be such a confusing mess.

Hello! We appreciate your interest in our servers and thank you for your suggestions!
Quote:1. Why have such unusual scaling for xp?
I went in surf+gunxp and all of a sudden I already was like lvl 10 which made no sense, afterwards you need like 3-5 kills per lever, till you get to lvl 24 or 25 when you all of a sudden need 140 kills. (These are just what I noticed). It makes no sense. It's little, little and all of a sudden boom, big numbers.
The whole idea behind the leveling system on surf and the other gunxp server, which is zombie plague, is to gain XP and levels easily. The main objective of the game is to reach level 24 (which you can do quite fast and without much struggle) and then just exchange XP for prestige points from there on now. The reason why there's suddenly such a big gap of XP after level 24, is because 150'000 XP is the amount, which is necessary to earn one prestige point. Maybe it would be more challenging if it was harder to level up, but then again it would be less fun for newcomers especially. But yeah, it actually makes perfect sense to people who are familiar with gunxp and the prestige system, but I get your point.
Quote:2. Why have the xp numbers so big?
Why do you make level requirements so big, like 1300000xp, just scale it down correctly, so each kill can give like 1-5 xp, but you only need like 300xp to level up.
It is due to a fact that XP is not the only concern in that particular server. The reason why the numbers are so vast and big is because to obtain one prestige point [as I mentioned in the previous quoted message] it takes 150'000 XP and scaling down the XP rate that much would mean that there would be an even bigger gap between the max level and the prestige point than there was before. A lot of things would need to be put into consideration before changing the scale and the rate of XP.
Quote:3. The whole prestige system isn't explained really all that well, there are no help menus or anything, I have no clue how they work, would be great if someone explained it in-game.
This is something I would most definitely agree with, as the servers are in a desperate need of a sufficient tutorial for newcomers or those who are generally new to the prestige, gunxp or xp shenanigans. So how does the prestige system work?
Surf: there's mostly 2 things you should be aware of, in order to use the prestige system without any confusion or complication. The first thing is that there's an auto prestige meaning that whenever you will reach the 150'000 XP mark, you will be automatically rewarded with one prestige point. After gaining this prestige point, all your levels including your XP will be set back to 0. In order to spend the prestige point you got, type /powers in the chat and a menu should pop up with various powers -- there you can upgrade your character and basically make it stronger.
Zombie Plague: the concept is fairly similar to how it is in surf, but this time you will manually have to buy prestiges, because there is no auto prestige. To buy the amount of prestiges you desire, type /prs, which will open a menu where you will be able to purchase prestige point(s). You will have to have the exact amount of XP required to successfully purchase a prestige point. Afterwards, type /powers in chat and then press 1. You will also see other ranks, but they are not finished yet and that's something for the future.
Quote:1. The super cool modded weapons are no different from the stock weapons, so why have them? What purpose do they even serve?
These super cool modded weapons are known as "CSO" weapons, at least a good portion of the available weapons in zombie plague are CSO type weapons. The main idea behind these weapons is that they are more powerful that the default ones and also the ones, which you can purchase in the extra items shop. Not only that, but some of the "special" weapons have some neat abilities as well. They are most definitely not the same due to the aesthetics and the pros I mentioned above. Just because a weapon can't shoot some hurricanes, lasers or anything along those lines, doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't better than the other available guns.
Quote:2. Indeed i will add afk kicker that kicks those who are more then 60 sec afk
60 seconds is most definitely too short, people couldn't even go to the bathroom quickly or just do other necessary things, I would say that the minimum should be 5 minutes. Overall, I do agree that zombies who go AFK should be kicked after a short period of time.
Quote:3. Why does everyone have VIP? There's no point of such a thing, just make the vip given perks by default, since everyone has it anyway.
Before the removal of the free VIP, the reason behind it was that the server was having some technical difficulties and minor complications here and there and to compensate regular crashes, disturbance of gameplay and other occuring issues, it was decided that people would have a free VIP assign to them for the time being.
Quote:4. Balance out the ammo pack purchases. Some purchases are super cheap for their use, for example anti-infection armor is only 5 ammo packs, yet a decent weapon can be 100+, it just doesn't make sense.
Some of the items can be more valuable than others, for instance, the weapon you decide to purchase, can actually give you ammo packs and it lasts until you get infected. However, the armor lasts for so much long. Armor is also limited and making it a bit more expensive won't really change whole lot, given that ammo packs can be earned quite easily.
Quote:5. Lower the hp of a sniper, he's supposted to be killed with 1-3 right clicks, not have like 1-2k hp.
Zombie madness should do the job quickly, especially if the sniper is stationed in one place and is not moving all that much. A couple of hits is way too low for a sniper, given that zombies can use knife blinks and zombie madness in that round. I would agree with Karolis that the best option would be to lower the damage sniper deals.
Quote:6. Fix the knockback somehow. Some players get knocked back alot, some don't get knocked back at all. And no it's not because of rage.
To add what Karolis mentioned, do also remember that it depends on what weapon you are using. Some weapons do bigger knockback to the enemy opponent than others.
Quote:7. Go through the servers maps, some maps have stuck spots where you can't get out of.
You can use a hook to get out of a spot where you are stuck at. To use a hook, simply press C and it will activate and stay activated for a few seconds and it will release automatically afterwards.
Quote:8. Using a jetpack combined with the wings (parachute) is literally impossible to kill, because you can buy so much armor in this server.
Actually, players who don't have a VIP can only purchase 400 armor per round, which is relatively low. The reason why it might seem that some players have more armor that the number I mentioned, is because the armor builds up. So, for example, if you have 100 armor left at the end of the round, the armor won't disappear next round and you will technically be able to get your armor to 500. There's also a reason why there's a "drag" item available for zombies in the extra items shop. Simply purchase the item, aim at a player who has jetpack and try to hit him with the string, which would start dragging them towards you and the item is extremely cheap.
Quote:The xp isn't necessarily a problem, it's more of a ease of life issue.
Becase players who aren't used to your prestiging system see big numbers flashing left and right and have no clue of what is going on.
You can take the same numbers devide them by 100 and it'll work just as fine, but won't be such a confusing mess.
That is like saying that if the amount of numbers were reduced in maths, suddenly everyone would start understanding the subject. The prime reason why people are mislead and are confused to begin with are because they are not familiar with the gunxp mode. I'm sure you're an old player, but I'm quite surprised that, even though you are familiar with gunxp, you aren't familiar with the prestige system, which is most commonly used in many other gunxp servers, maybe in just a different way/context. Reducing the numbers "flashing left and right" won't really make players less confused. If a player is not experienced enough in that matter, then they will still be confused as to what those numbers even represent.

Okay, thank you. You really did clear out any misconceptions I had regarding the whole prestige system. Varbūt tāpēc, ka esi Latvietis Lol<br />
But in all seriousness, I have a much better understanding of how everything works here. I'll play a bit more in the server and see how well these systems work in practice.